This is an attractive church with a long history and a first recorded vicar in 1302. Sadly only parts of the pointed chancel arch and bits of the arcade shafting remain from the original, however the tower is 15c. The rest is a Victorian restoration of 1846 by Benjamin Ferry, who was responsible for many churches in the county.
There is a rather glum roughly carved inscription in the small chancel that reads as follows:
"Man's life.Man is a glas: life isa water that's weaklywalled about: sinne bringes death: death breakesthe glas: so runnesthe water outFinis"
Note the very fine lectern. The font is square Purbeck stone decorated with four pointed arches on each side. The pulpit is Victorian.
The Trust gratefully acknowledges images and text by Robin Adeney ©
|St. Osmund||Osmington||DT3 6EL||0|
|St. Martin||Broadmayne||DT2 8EB||2|
|Holy Trinity||Warmwell||DT2 8HQ||2|
|St. Catherine by the Sea||Holworth||DT2 8NQ||3|
|Holy Trinity||Bincombe,||DT3 5PT||3|
|St. Peter||West Knighton||DT2 8PF||3|
|St Michael||Owermoigne||DT2 8HS||3|
|St John||Weymouth||DT4 7SS||3|
|St. Peter (CCT)||Winterborne Came||DT2 8NT||4|
|St. Ann||Radipole||DT3 5HS||4|
|St. Simon and St. Jude||Winterborne Monkton||DT2 9PU||4|
|St Edmund||Wyke Regis||DT4 0HB||4|
|St Nicholas||Chaldon Herring||DT2 8DN||4|
|St. Andrew||West Stafford||DT2 8AD||4|
|St. Laurence||Upwey||DT3 5QE||4|
|test new church||Chaldon Herring||dt2 8dl||4|
|St Aldhelm||Crossways||DT2 8WR||5|
|St. Nicholas||Buckland Ripers,||DT3 4BT||5|