Home Churches Ride + Stride Grants Friends News Cards Music Events About Us

St. John the Evangelist Tincleton

The hamlet of Tincleton lies in the flat open valley of the river Frome, surrounded by meadows.

This is a well executed Victorian church with an elegant double bellcote of 1849 by Benjamin Ferry.  Inside, there is an elaborate alabaster reredos of 1889 and a Norman font.

Note, Clyffe House of 1842 in a Tudor style, half a mile to the northeast, also designed by Ferry (for Charles Porcher).

The Trust gratefully acknowledges images and text by Robin Adeney ©

 

Grants

This Church has no grants

Churches Nearby

Ref Title Town Postcode Distance
St. John the EvangelistTincletonDT2 8QR0
St. Edward King and MartyrAthelhamptonDT2 7LG2
St Aldhelm'sCrosswaysDT2 8WR2
St.MaryPuddletownDT2 8SN2
St. John the EvangelistTolpuddleDT2 7EW2
St LaurenceAffpuddleDT2 7HH2
St LaurenceAffpuddleDT2 7HH2
St. NicholasMoretonDT2 8RH2
Moreton - under constructionMoretonDT2 8RH3
St. AndrewWest StaffordDT2 8AD3
St. AndrewWest StaffordDT2 8AD3
St. PeterWest KnightonDT2 8PF4
St. AndrewMilborne Saint AndrewDT11 0JR4
All SaintsDewlishDT2 7LR4
Holy TrinityWarmwellDT2 8HQ4
St. MichaelStinsfordDT2 8XW4
St MichaelOwermoigneDT2 8HS4
The ChurchWhitcombeDT2 8NY4
St. MartinBroadmayneDT2 8EB4
St. PeterWinterborne CameDT2 8NT5
Old Link