Home Churches Ride + Stride Grants Friends News Cards Music Events About Us

St. John Creech

Redundant

Denis Bond of Creech Grange built this church in 1746 using some of the material from the ruins of 12c priory church at East Holme (see East Holme).  The most significant of these is the magnificent semi-circular chancel arch with characteristic chevron mouldings.  Other Bonds twice added to the building during the 19c.  Nathaniel Bond was responsible for the elegant cupola around 1859.  The pews were renewed in 1913 and the building was re-roofed, rather inappropriately, with asbestos cement sheeting in 1964.

 

 

 

The Trust gratefully acknowledges images and text by Robin Adeney ©

 

 

Grants

This Church has no grants

Churches Nearby

Ref Title Town Postcode Distance
St. JohnCreechBH20 5DF0
St.Michael and All AngelsSteepleBH20 5NY1
St. NicholasKimmeridgeBH20 5PE2
St. PeterChurch KnowleBH20 5NF2
St. John the EvangelistEast HolmeBH20 6AG2
Church of Saint Edward the MartyrCorfe CastleBH20 5EZ3
Lady St.MaryWarehamBH20 4ND3
St. JamesKingstonBH20 5LL3
St. AndrewLulworth EastBH20 5QS4
St Mary's ChapelLulworthBH20 5QS4
St. Mary - Redundant (converted to a dwelling)East StokeBH20 6AN4
St. MartinWarehamBH20 4HE5
St. Aldhem's ChapelWorth MatraversBH19 3LN5
ChurchArneBH20 5BJ5
St. Aldhem's ChapelWorth MatraversBH19 3LR5
Holy TrinityWest LulworthBH20 5RY6
St GeorgeLangton MatraversBH19 3HZ6
St. ChristopherWinfrith NewburghDT2 8HB7
ChurchLytchett MinsterBH16 6JE7
Moreton - under constructionMoretonDT2 8RH7
Old Link