This is a church which appears rather dull from the outside, but the chapel-style interior is full of great interest and well worth a visit.
It was built in 1833 to a design by Edmund Pearce, which is his only recorded church in the county. There is a large gallery across the west end and large windows allow light to flood into the building. However, it is the sensational 1975 stained glass in the east window of the chancel on an appropriately agricultural theme that is so attractive and inspiring.
Note, the diminutive, but most attractive organ.
The Trust gratefully acknowledges images and text by Robin Adeney ©
|St Mary||Mosterton||DT8 3HJ||0|
|St Mary||South Perrott||DT8 3HZ||1|
|St. John||Seaborough||DT8 3QY||2|
|The Navity of John the Baptist||Broadwindsor||DT8 3QE||2|
|St. Mary||Drimpton||DT8 3RE||2|
|St. Andrew||Burstock||DT8 3LJ||3|
|St. Mary||Beaminster||DT8 3BA||3|
|St Mary||Stoke Abbott||DT8 3JT||3|
|St. Mary||Netherbury||DT6 5LR||4|
|St. Mary||Corscombe||DT2 0NU||4|
|Holy Trinity||Blackdown||DT8 3LE||4|
|St Mary||Pilsdon||DT6 5NZ||5|
|All Saints||Mapperton||DT8 3NR||5|
|St. John||Toller Whelme||DT8 3NT||5|
|Holy Trinity||Salway Ash||DT6 5JE||5|
|St Stephen||Bettiscombe||DT6 5NT||5|
|St. Mary||Halstock||BA22 9SG||5|
|St. Mary the Virgin||Thorncombe||TA20 4NF||5|
|St. Andrew||West Chelborough||DT2 0PY||5|