Home Churches Ride + Stride Grants Friends News Cards Music Events About Us

St. Andrew Charmouth

St. Andrew

Erected in 1836 to a design by Charles Fowler (this was his only church in Dorset) it replaced an earlier building of 1290.  This is a very tall Commissioners' type church, featuring a gallery with a rather splendid organ across the western end of the nave.  The area below the gallery has been sensitively enclosed to form a church room.  The 1885 open pulpit, constructed of stone and marble, with tester of 1961 above, is interesting.  The reredos with a painted Lamb is also of great interest.

 

 

 

 

 

 

The Trust gratefully acknowledges images and text by Robin Adeney ©

 

Grants

Grant date Reason Amount Extra amount Extra reason
01/11/16 12:00 amReplacing flooring£1,000

Churches Nearby

Ref Title Town Postcode Distance
St. AndrewCharmouthDT6 6LN0
St. MaryCatherston LewestonDT6 6LZ1
St. Michael the ArchangelLyme RegisDT7 3DA2
St. AndrewMonkton WyldDT6 6DA2
St GabrielStanton St. GabrielDT6 6EP2
St Candida and Holy CrossWhitchurch CanonicorumDT6 6RQ2
St. JohnFishpondDT6 6NN3
Queen of Martyrs & St Ignatius' ChurchChideockDT6 6LF3
St. GilesChideockDT6 6LE4
St. MaryMarshwoodDT6 5QA4
St StephenBettiscombeDT6 5NT4
St MaryPilsdonDT6 5NZ5
St. PaulBroadoakDT6 5PY5
St. John the BaptistSymondsburyDT6 6HB5
St. SwithunBridportDT6 5DU6
St. Mary the VirginThorncombeTA20 4NF6
Holy TrinitySalway AshDT6 5JE6
Holy TrinityBlackdownDT8 3LE6
St. SaviourDotteryDT6 3NN6
St.Mary's ChurchBridportDT6 3NN6
Old Link