Postcode for SatNavBH31 6DZ
O.S. Landranger Map reference195-086087

St. Michael and All Angels

The architecture of the village of Verwood is generally rather uninspired, but this church built in 1893 and designed by Adie and Adie of Bradford-on-Avon is very interesting.  The original building has been hugely extended by grafting on north and south aisles under a lean-to roof that looks as though it really belongs.  Both structures extend west and join with a porch between them.  A very pleasing and clever solution to an extension for a growing congregation.

The Trust gratefully acknowledges images and text by Robin Adeney ©

Search by Village Name