Winterborne Zelston

Postcode for SatNav DT11 9EU
O.S. Landranger Map reference SY899977

St Mary's Church

 

This parish church has an unbutressed tower of rubble stone dating back to the 15th Century with the rest of the church being rebuilt in1866 by architect T H Wyatt in flint and stone banding, with chamfered plinth; and a slate roofs with coped gables. Internally the 16 century chancel has canted wagon roof, with plaster panels, moulded ribs and battlemented cornice. The nave roof has arch-braced collar beams, with stone corbels. The aisle roof has trussed rafters, with curved braces. There is a stained window by Lavers and Barraud from 1866.

Search by Village Name