O.S. Landranger Map reference195-939067

 

St. Mary

Resting adjacent to a splendid farmhouse, the church was declared redundant in 1973 and is now in private ownership.  It is of chequered flint and greensand.  Mainly 18c with a gallery, approached from the outside, at the western end and a little southern porch. There are north and south transepts, a partly Jacobean pulpit and a font of 1868.  It was carefully restored in 1975/6 and the result is very pleasing.

The Trust gratefully acknowledges images and text by Robin Adeney ©

Search by Village Name