St. Mary Magdalene
This is an interesting church with a chancel and west tower of the 14c. In 1866 the nave was altered and the north aisle added, together with south porch and north vestry, to a design by Slater and Carpenter. Mercifully, the 14c stone screen between nave and chancel survives. The impressive 19c pulpit is decorated with inlaid marble and panels from an earlier wooden Jacobean version are to be found on the sanctuary walls. There are three piscinae and two fonts. The principal font is 15c.
The Trust gratefully acknowledges images and text by Robin Adeney ©