St. Mary the Virgin
The earliest part of this delightful little church is the 1344 chantry chapel, which was endowed so a priest would say mass for the departed every day for ever. The tower was added a little later. However the building seen today is the result of a major rebuild by the Victorians to a design by G.R.Crickmay 1875 - 76. There are two modern clergy stalls by Robert Thompson of Kilbury, Yorkshire, known as The Mouse Man because all his work is decorated with a carved mouse.
The Trust gratefully acknowledges images and text by Robin Adeney ©