The church stands below a line of hills from where, tradition has it, 'The Conjurer Mintern', a C17 local squire is supposed to have jumped over the tower on his horse, knocking off one of its pinnacles as he went! True or not the splendid C15 tower has been repaired. The nave with a wagon roof, attractive stone screen and chancel arch are all C15 although there was a restoration by John Hicks in 1864. The small round font is Norman.
The Trust gratefully acknowledges images and text by Robin Adeney ©