Holy Rood - Redundant (now a village hall) therefore unpublished Jan 2018
The building has its origins in the 13c with a tower and pyramidal roof of Purbeck stone tiles. It was the Mother Church for Wool.
There must have been a considerable reduction in the congregations between the 13c and 19c because when the Victorians rebuilt it in 1861 to a design by John Hicks, they removed the south aisle. This reduction continued into the 20c leading to the church being declared redundant in 1967.
- Next >>